The Certificate of an independent invasive cardiology diagnostician
- The title of an independent operator of invasive cardiology may be obtained by a doctor with a specialization in cardiology who is a member of the Association of Cardiovascular Interventions of the Polish Cardiac Society.
- Basic training should be carried out under the supervision of the head of the cath lab, which obtained at least grade B according to the ACVI PCS accreditation standards.
- The training time should last at least 12 months.
- During the training the physician must perform (in person) at least 300 coronary angiographies.
- From January 1, 2013, the procedures must be confirmed in the treatment book and in the ACVI PCS database. If the physician performed in person (supervised) procedures in foreign centers, she/he should present a certificate signed by the head of the given center confirming the type and number of procedures performed.
- It is required to collect a minimum of 50 points during the training for participation in PCS and ESC congresses of invasive cardiology and conferences recommended by the ACVI PCS1).
- The certificate is valid for 3 years.
- For the extension of the certificate for the next 3 years it is necessary to perform an average of at least 100 coronary angiographies per year and to obtain an average of 50 points per year for participation in PCS and ESC congresses of invasive cardiology and congresses recommended by ACVI1).
- The application for granting the status of an independent diagnostician is submitted by the head of the mother cath lab. The application must be accompanied by certificates confirming compliance with the relevant requirements (including: certificate of the number of performed procedures, copies of certificates of participation in PCS and ESC congresses of invasive cardiology and conferences recommended by ACVI and current certificates of membership in PCS and ACVI PCS. Applications should be delivered to the current address of the ACVI PCS Management Office.
- The independent diagnostician's certificate according to the new model is signed by the President of PCS and the Chairman of ACVI PCS and its issue is free of charge.
1)Scoring for participation in PCS and ESC congresses of invasive cardiology and congresses recommended by ACVI PCS:
Congress of the European Society of Cardiology (ESC) - 20 points
International Congress of the Polish Cardiac Society - 20 points
Workshops of Invasive Cardiology in Warsaw (WCCI) - 30 points
Invasive Cardiology Workshops in Zabrze - 20 points
Invasive Cardiology Workshops in Krakow (NFIC) - 30 points
International Invasive Cardiology Workshop (EuroPCR, TCT) - 20 points
Interventional Cardiology News (Białowieża) - 10 points
Autumn Meeting of Cardiologists (Poznań) - 10 points
Transcatheter Heart Team Poland: THT Poland (Warsaw, Katowice) - 10 points
Peripheral Interventions in Krakow (PINC) (Krakow) - 10 points
Imaging and interventions in structural diseases of the heart and vessels (ISIIC) (Katowice) - 10 points
Other national trainings that will be accredited by ACVI PCS